Nearly three years ago, Microsoft unveiled Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, a more contemporary, personalized, and agile platform than NAV. It has swiftly established itself as the best ERP software for small and medium-sized businesses. When is a Dynamics 365 Business Central update a good idea?
Many companies still rely on out-of-date software like Microsoft Dynamics NAV or GP. Still, there are a number of solid reasons to switch from Dynamics NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central, including the following:
- Enhanced mobile connectivity.
- It may be tailored to suit your needs.
- Integration with other applications.
- Effortless updates.
- Possibility of generating reports.
Concerns regarding deployment delays, expenses, and business interruptions are expressed by certain firms that have been reluctant to move from NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central. Migrating from Dynamics NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central is widely misunderstood. The purpose of this post is to cut through the clutter and demonstrate clearly why an update is in your best interest in the long run.
Why Upgrade from NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Financial management and accounting, supply chain management, marketing, customer support, and sales are just a few of the many features included in NAV. One of the major concerns you may have about moving from NAV to 365 BC is how to handle the migration of vast volumes of historical data. It should be easy to migrate to 365 BC if your data is well-organized and not damaged, given the data structures are nearly identical to those in NAV.
It’s also important to consider NAV’s future. Older versions of NAV are no longer supported, even though the most recent versions are. The current supported systems will no longer receive any new features or bug fixes after January 2023, and only security updates will be provided beyond that date for a further five years. There will also be no new technology or other breakthroughs included in any upgrades in the future
The following are six more reasons why you should switch to Dynamics 365 Business Central right away:
- Microsoft updates Dynamics 365 BC twice a year. Your company is always running the most up-to-date and secure version.
- Because Dynamics Business Central is hosted in the cloud, it can be accessed from any location, at any time, on any device. No additional gear, servers, or maintenance contracts are required. Since most companies are concerned about data security, it’s comforting to know that Microsoft, the industry leader in cyber-security, has 3,500 people on staff dedicated to preventing, detecting, and reacting to cyber attacks.
- The Microsoft Dynamics 365 portfolio, including Office 365, Azure, and other D365 BC products, are all natively integrated with D365 BC.
- D365 Business Central’s analysis and automation capabilities, such as Jet Reports and Power BI, and Excel add-ins, allow it to generate fast dynamic financial and business statistics. Machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) aid in equipment tracking, forecasting, and the collection of more precise and timely data.
- Cleaner and more structured data in D365 BC means improved search possibilities.
- Reduced expenses that are easier to manage. There are no yearly or major license costs, simply a monthly price per user.
What are the distinctions between Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central (BC)?
For the most part, there are two major distinctions between NAV and 365 BC. The browser-based nature of Dynamics 365 BC gives it an advantage over its desktop counterpart. Dynamics 365 Business Central will provide you with a larger reach and greater freedom while still giving all the capabilities you are used to in Dynamics NAV. Licensing is where the two systems diverge secondarily. Concurrent users are licensed for NAV. Based on the number of “Named Users,” Business Central is licensed. On-premises and cloud-based options are available for both solutions.
How does an on-premises deployment of Dynamics 365 BC vary from a cloud deployment of Dynamics 365 BC?
With fewer intricate business procedures, Dynamics 365 BC’s Cloud edition is best suited for small organizations. There are fewer costs connected with using a cloud-based service. In order to run the on-premises version of Dynamics 365, you’ll have to pay a higher price for the additional functionality.
The ability to access your data on any device, including mobile, at any time, anywhere, and on any platform is a benefit of cloud deployment. High-availability network hardware would be required to accomplish that level of availability with an on-premises system.
How difficult would it be to transfer data from NAV to BC?
Data migration from Dynamics NAV to Dynamics 365 BC is straightforward. Rapid Start Services’ data migration tools can be used, or it can be input manually.
What pre-installed integrations does Dynamics 365 BC have?
This software, like others from the Microsoft family-like Dynamics 365 Sales and PowerApps and PowerBI, connects smoothly with everything else. Standard APIs are also available for the creation of Connect Applications that can be released in the App Store and linked with Dynamics 365 Business Central.
When connecting a third-party service to Dynamics 365 BC, a point-to-point connection is required. Shopify Connector and ADP Workforce are two examples. For various industries, Microsoft AppStore offers a variety of third-party extensions that extend the capabilities of Dynamics 365 BC.
How will the existing integrations operate with a new Dynamics 365 BC implementation?
NAV 2017 and 2018 connectors and customizations may be readily transferred to Business Central from earlier versions of NAV. Dynamics 365 BC migration is more challenging if your current version is older than the current version available on either the Cloud or on-premises version. If you want to use your previous modifications in Dynamics 365 BC, you’ll need to convert them into extensions.
If existing customization is incompatible or if there is already a comparable feature in Business Central, it may not be able to be integrated. Many of your prior modifications may be unnecessary as Dynamics 365 BC offers so much more capability.
Upgrading Dynamics NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central, a cloud-based solution, gives your company the tools it needs to run more smoothly and productively than before. 365 BC is one of the greatest all-in-one business management systems for small and medium-sized businesses.
At DTC Infotech, we are proactively helping enterprises to upgrade from NAV to Dynamics 365 Business central with a transparent roadmap